Historic Courthouse Clock Tower
The clock tower is another charming Santa Barbara venue. It sits four stories high above the Santa Barbara Historic Courthouse.
Boasting 360 degree views of the city, Channel Islands, and mountains, the Clock Tower is a unique and breathtaking wedding venue for your Santa Barbara wedding.
No chairs may be set up here, and due to it’s capacity restrictions it is best suited for smaller weddings (40and under) but the views are unprecedented and provide a marvelous background for your wedding photography and video.
Clock Tower - With a 360 degree view of Santa Barbra, from the ocean to the mountains, the clock tower is a unique and
beautiful place to hold a wedding ceremony.
Santa Barbara Courthouse Clock Tower Details:
- Clock Tower Capacity: 25 people.
- Rate: FREE
- Wedding ceremonies are allowed in the clock tower, but this space is unable to be reserved or kept private.
- Clock Tower Rules: no chairs or flower petals are allowed and there are no electrical outlets (in case you were interested in live music).
For more info: http://www.santabarbara.com/points_of_interest/courthouse/
Historic Courthouse Mural Room (not available until april 2015)
The Mural Room is the crown jewel of the Santa Barbara Courthouse and an also an ideal wedding venue for your Santa Barbara wedding. Your wedding will boasts historical romance.
Enter through it’s leather surfaced double doors to an artists delight of texture and color… from the gilded and hand stenciled ceiling to the 1000 pound (each!) chandeliers, the tiled floors and hand carved oak pew seating.
Santa Barbara Courthouse Mural Room Details:
- Mural Room Capacity: 75 guests comfortably, 125 guests allowed with the side doors open.
- The room is reserved in two hour time slots.
- Rate: $240
- Live music is allowed in the mural room, but parties are responsible for all set up, including extension cords, etc.
- Flowers are allowed, but must be removed within the two hour time slot (no rice, confetti, tape, or candles are permitted).
- Important to know is that the doors to the room will not be closed during your ceremony. The courthouse likes to keep it open for visitors to see, however hopefully people will be respectful of your privacy.
- For more information and photographs of the mural room, visit the information page on the Santa Barbara Courthouse website. To reserve the mural room, call Support Services at 805-568-3070.
For more info: http://www.santabarbaracourthouse.org/sbch/muralroom.htm
Historic Courthouse Sunken Gardens
The Sunken Gardens at the courthouse make a breathtaking Santa Barbara wedding venue. Close to many downtown reception venues it also offers a convenience factor when planning your wedding day as a whole. it is only a block away from State Street. It’s lush greenery and towering pines exist in harmony with the breathtaking Courthouse towering in the background, making the Sunken Gardens a favorite among wedding sites.
For more info: http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/parks02.aspx?id=13414
Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens/Grounds Details:
- There are five locations in and around the Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens and Grounds that are able to be reserved for your Santa Barbara wedding ceremony.
- Reservations are made in 3 hour time slots (9-12, 12-3, and 3-6).
- If you are a wedding party of 15 guests or fewer, there are 14 locations, including the sunken gardens, that are FREE for you to hold your ceremony. To see the map of these locations, please visit the wedding information page on Santa Barbara Courthouse website.
- Wedding ceremony reservations for the sunken gardens are typically made 6 months or more in advance during the summer.
- Rules that comes with the use of the garden areas: all chairs need to be carried onto site within one hour of the ceremony, music must but it be soft & acoustic (no amplified sound), no rice, confetti, flower, or open flames, and no taping off of a courthouse area is allowed.
- Sunken Garden/Grounds guest capacity and rates as of 2014:
- Sunken Gardens: 200 people max, $700
- Palm Terrace: 125 people max, $625
- Redwood: 100 people max, $550
- Fiesta Stage: 80 guests, $500
- Giant Bird-of-paradise: 50 people max, $425
- Rotunda Lawn: 25 people max, $175
- There are 8 additional locations around the courthouse grounds and gardens that can be used for FREE when utilized for groups of 15 people or less.